Nursing Education Consultant
Location: Professional Licensing Boards, Registered Nurses, 237 Coliseum Drive, Macon, Georgia 31217-3858
Hiring Salary: $75,000.00
Pay Grade: 15
May 13, 2014
Postmarked by OPEN UNTIL FILLED
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under general supervision, the Nursing Education Consultant position of the Professional Licensing Boards Division (PLB) plans, schedules, and coordinates site visits to schools that offer Registered Nurse (RN) and Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) education programs within the State of Georgia.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Schedules, plans and coordinates site visits to nursing education programs. Provides a verbal report to the Dean/Director and faculty at the conclusion of the visit.
• Provides written site visit reports for Board consideration at a regularly scheduled meeting.
• As the staff liaison to the Education Committee, collaborates with the Board member liaison and the Chairman to schedule meetings and plan the agenda.
• Accurately documents actions taken by the committee, submits Summary Proceedings, and provides minutes to the Board.
• Monitors, consults with, and conducts on-site visits to proposed nursing education programs during the process of development and implementation.
• Monitors NCLEX-LPN and NCLEX-RN reports from the test service for all nursing education programs leading to initial licensure.
• Accurately compiles data upon which Board approval decisions are made.
• Collaborates with the Executive Director to draft revisions to rules or policies.
• Based upon the law, rules and regulations and knowledge base, prepares accurate written reports for Board consideration at regularly scheduled meetings.
• Continuously evaluates processes related to nursing education programs and international applicants in order to communicate effectively, maintain accuracy, be cost-effective, and efficient.
• Reviews annual reports from every nursing education program, updates data on the school directory, and compiles information needed in preparation for a site visit.
• Maintains files for each nursing education program to provide for accurate record-keeping and retrieval of information.
• Demonstrates accuracy, proficiency and timeliness when using all software products, i.e., L2K, Word, Excel, My License Office etc.
• Upon request, prepares reports or spreadsheets for review by the Board, Board Staff and Executive Director.
• Performs other duties as required.
A minimum of three (3) years nursing education experience in a registered nursing education program is required. In addition, candidate must be a Registered Nurse (RN) holding a current license, and must be in good standing to maintain a license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Georgia.
Knowledge in the preparation of reports, program evaluation, and planning recommendations are needed. Must have direct or related experience in theory, principles, and the practice of nursing; must have knowledge of current trends in nursing education, and the knowledge of the principles of curriculum development and course design.
A (MSN) degree from a nationally accredited college or institution is required.
Applicants may send one State of Georgia Application and/or their resume to:*
Secretary of State/Human Reources Office
2 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, S.E.
Suite 820, Floyd West Tower
Atlanta, GA 30334
This position is open to current Secretary of State employees and external applicants.
*If you have a disability and require assistance to
apply for this position, please call (404) 656-5551 or the Georgia Relay
"THE STATE OF
GEORGIA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER"