Thinking about attending an Auctioneer School? Be sure to check the SOS Website to verify that the school has an ACTIVE license, which means they are a Georgia-approved school.
- The Georgia Auctioneers Commission consists of 6 members who are appointed by the Governor - 5 are licensed auctioneers and 1 is a consumer member with no connection to the practice or profession of auctioneering.
- The Commission meets at the Secretary of State’s office in Macon. The public may attend the Open Session portion of the meetings.
- Persons wishing to bring matters for the Commission’s consideration should submit a written request to the Professional Licensing Board, 237 Coliseum Dr., Macon, GA 31217.
- The Commission has the authority to regulate the issuance of licenses, to revoke or suspend licenses issued and to censure licenses for any violation of the law.
- Any person desiring to act as an auctioneer and/or operate an auction company and/or operate an auction school must meet the requirements of the law and rules and be licensed with the Commission.