Corporations Elections Licensing Securities
Secure and Verifiable Documents
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING SUBMITTING SECURE AND VERIFIABLE DOCUMENTS
As you prepare to renew your license please remember that in 2011, Georgia law was amended to enact the "Secure and Verifiable Identity Document Act ." This Act requires applicants for licensure or renewal to submit an Affidavit of Citizenship and a secure and verifiable document regarding the individual's United State's citizenship status. Many licensees have questioned whether or not they would be required to submit the secure and verifiable documentation: The answer is "yes." All applicants for renewal - no matter how long you have been licensed - must submit these documents regarding their citizenship status. Submitting the documentation is quite easy if you follow these simple steps:
1) Submit a completed, signed and notarized Affidavit of Citizenship.
2) If you are a United States citizen, submit a copy of one of the acceptable documents (a complete list may be found by clicking here ) . The easiest option is to simply submit a copy of your driver's license or United States passport. When submitting your documentation please make sure that the image is clear and readable. Also, please make sure that you include your license number on any submitted documents.
3) If you are a qualified alien, submit a copy of your qualified alien documents which grant you the legal right to work in the United States (a complete list may be found by clicking here). If submitting a copy of a card, please submit copies of the front and back of the card. When submitting your documentation please make sure that the image is clear and readable. Also, please make sure that you include your license number on any submitted documents.
If you answer "yes" to any of the renewal questions regarding arrests, disciplinary action or substance abuse treatment you will be required to submit certified documents showing the final disposition of the case as well as a personal letter of explanation regarding the incident(s). Your renewal cannot be completed until the required documents have been submitted and reviewed.
WHERE TO SEND YOUR AFFIDAVIT OF CITIZENSHIP/SECURE AND VERIFIABLE DOCUMENT
Documents may be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Uploaded electronically as part of the renewal process.
2) Mailed to the following: Professional Licensing Boards, 237 Coliseum Drive, Macon, Georgia 31217.
Please remember that your license renewal will NOT BE COMPLETED until you have submitted the renewal fee, an Affidavit of Citizenship, and a Secure and Verifiable Document.
WHAT TO DO AFTER YOU SUBMIT YOUR SECURE AND VERIFIABLE DOCUMENT
Please allow up to twenty-five (25) business days for the information to be processed. After you have completed your renewal, please visit the Board's website and use the online verification feature to ensure that your license is active and that the expiration date has been updated. It is your responsibility to ensure that the renewal is completed.
Furthermore, effective July 1, 2012, the Professional Licensing Boards no longer mails pocket cards to licensees. You may visit the Board's website at print your license at the following link: https://mvp.sos.state.ga.us/printlicense/
|Application Status||Roster Request Form|
|Affidavit of Citizenship||Secure & Verifiable Documents|
|Public Board Orders||Joint Secretary Licensing Rules|
|Board Meeting: Videos||Board Meeting: Minutes|
|Board Meeting: Schedules||Complaint Process Explanation|
|Subscribe: Interested Parties List|