1. Who will have access to the residence address listed on the VoteSafe application?
The residence address of a VoteSafe participant will remain confidential at all times from public disclosure and shall be used only for voter registration purposes.
2. Who will receive copies of VoteSafe records, files, and documents?
All VoteSafe participant records, files and documents will be kept confidential and shall be used only for voter registration purposes.
3. Is there an expiration date for VoteSafe status?
Participants' residence address information is kept confidential for four (4) years following the date of approval by the registrar unless withdrawal or cancellation occurs before the expiration date.
4. Can participation in the VoteSafe Program be cancelled?
The registrar will cancel a participant’s certification if a participant:
5. What happens if the voter moves while participating in the VoteSafe program?
6. Can a new name be obtained through the VoteSafe program?
VoteSafe is not a witness protection program and does not assist participants in obtaining new names, social security numbers, or relocating to a new residence. Furthermore, VoteSafe is not a legal services program providing applicants or participants with legal representation or advice.