Job Posting: Accounting Manager II
Accounting Manager II
Location: Administration, Accounting Office, 2 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive, S.E., Suite 820, West Tower, Atlanta, Georgia 30334
Hiring Salary: $70,000.00
This position is open to current Secretary of State employees and external applicants.
February 02, 2022
Postmarked by February 28, 2022
|Announcement Number:||Position Number(s):|
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The Accounting Manager II is responsible for the management of all accounting related functions. This position provides advanced professional accounting services in support of the Office of Secretary of State. General involvement includes analyzing, recording, and interpreting financial transactions, preparing specialized and standard accounting reports and providing information to auditors and other third parties. Moreover, duties include supervision of staff, accounting professionals and paraprofessionals.
- Applies current Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Governmental Accounting Standards, State of Georgia Accounting Policies and Procedures, and Secretary of State Fiscal Policies and Procedures.
- Performs operational analyses of accounting systems, subsystems and procedures to ensure accuracy of data to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and to identify improvements in the methods for recording, maintaining and reporting financial transactions.
- Coordinates all revenue, expense and general accounting activities in an accurate and timely fashion and in compliance with the prompt payment requirements of the State.
- Coordinates auditing operations with departmental accounting, budgetary administrative support, and programmatic function to support the department’s mission.
- Processes daily cash draw records in Treasury web-portal and PeopleSoft AR subsystem.
- Reviews and analyzes general ledger accounts accurately for fiscal integrity as well as compliance with applicable principles, standards, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Analyzes and reconciles accounting data and transactions that require knowledge of complex rules and regulations and use of advanced research and problem-solving skills.
- Oversees all payroll functions for Secretary of State and attached agencies including entering, processing/transmitting and proofing payroll data, reconciling payroll records and correcting errors, verifying time and attendance records, computes/reconciles employee deductions for wages, taxes, benefits and other withholdings, and processing/entering garnishments, levies, and other court ordered payments into payroll.
- Monitors daily transactions on five merchant accounts and four bank accounts.
- Identifies discrepancies between existing procedures and those that are generally accepted or that will result in greater efficiency or operational effectiveness.
- Recommends and implements departmental accounting policies and procedures in accordance with statutory and professionally accepted standards.
- Interacts with agency administrators and staff, professional accountants, auditors, vendors and financial institution officials on accounting and fiscal matters; monitors and evaluates accounting trends and innovations which may impact the practices of the agency’s accounting program.
- Utilizes PeopleSoft software for the recording, maintenance, reporting and control of agency revenues and expenditures.
- Manages an accounting staff with matters pertaining to human resources and other related administrative actions.
- Interviews, hires, directs, trains, evaluates the performance of, and when necessary, disciplines and discharges accounting/financial employees.
- Maintains a consistent, high quality, customer-focused orientation when conducting business and providing services or products to clients, the general public and other external customers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Associate's degree in the area of business, finance, or a directly related field from an accredited college / university or High School Diploma / recognized equivalent, and Four (4) years of professional accounting field experience,
SUPERVISORY EXPERIENCE: Two years’ experience in a supervisory role.
Successful completion of the Introductory and Intermediate Governmental Accounting sequence.
Interested In Applying?
Applicants may send one State of Georgia Application and/or their resume to:
Secretary of State/Human Resources Office
2 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, S.E.
Suite 820, Floyd West Tower
Atlanta, GA 30334
If you have a disability and require assistance to apply for a position, please call (404) 656-5551 or the Georgia Relay Service.
The State of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.