Apply as a Preneed Dealer
How to Apply
- Licensure requires completing an application, get it signed and notarized, and pay the required fee.
- See specific instructions for application depending on license and application type.
- You must submit all the required documentation and fees in order to be considered for licensure.
- Renewal is completed online and is required by August 1st.
Keep Your Contact Info Up to Date
- Be sure the email address you include for yourself on your application is correct and up to date. Email is the primary means of communication for the Board.
- Additionally, it is important for applicants/licensees to update their email address with the Board just as they would update their physical and mailing addresses.
Select your application type to view instructions on how to apply:
Late Renewal (after 8/1 of renewal year)
$600 ($500 penalty + $100 renewal fee)
Preneed Dealer Licensure
A checklist of required documents for licensure.
The following is a checklist of required documents for this application:
- Completed application and fee. Download application here>>
- Consent to Service form
- Attach supporting documents related to when the business became incorporated, organized or formed.
- In addition, you will have to submit all of the following unless it is determined that a requirement does not apply to this entity:
- If the legal owner is a Partnership, submit a copy of the executed Partnership agreement.
- Submit information on any other entities that are owned by the applicant or any of its affiliates that are regulated by Section 10-Chapter 14 of the Georgia Code.
- Authorized sales agent information: Submit the name, business address and registration number for each authorized sales agent.
- A balance sheet as of the end of the most recent fiscal year, and in no event dated more than 15 months prior to the date of filing of this application. This information will be held as confidential and not open to public inspection
- Attach all required information in regards to the preneed escrow account:
- The name, address, location, and telephone number of the preneed trust or escrow account depository or depositories, the names of the accounts, and the account numbers.
- The name, address, and telephone number of the trust or escrow agent.
- An executed copy of the preneed escrow agreement executed by the applicant and accepted by the trustee, in accordance with O.C.G.A. § 10-14-4 (b)(2)(L).
Submit a completed application along with the non-refundable application fee of $250.
Preneed Dealer Renewal
If you have previously held this license and need to renew in order to keep your license up to date, apply for licensure renewal before August 1st of the year it expires to avoid late fees.
How to File
- Using our secure online filing platform GASeamlessGov, fill out your contact information and upload your completed application.
- You will be prompted to pay the fee. This platform only accepts VISA and MASTERCARD.
File by mail
Alternatively, you can file by mail.
- Complete the application.
- Make check or money order payable to “Georgia Secretary of State.”
- Enclose document and payment in envelope and mail to:
Attn: Cemeteries and Funeral Services
Office of the Georgia Secretary of State
2 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive SE
Suite 317 West Tower
Atlanta, GA 30334
Please be aware that documents sent via US Postal Services and courier services may have delays in processing. For quicker processing, our filers are encouraged to use GASeamlessGov online platform to submit filings.