Search for a Tax Exempt Organization
The IRS Tax Exempt Organization Search, (EOS) is an easy online search tool that provides certain information about the federal tax status and filings of exempt organizations.
What does EOS do?
EOS can help you to check if an organization:
- Is eligible to receive tax-deductible charitable contributions.
- Has filed an IRS Form 990-N (e-Postcard) annual electronic notice.
- Tax-exempt status has been revoked automatically, indicating that it has not filed the required IRS Form 990-series return for three consecutive years.
This search will also:
- Provide a complete downloadable list of organizations that meet any of these criteria.
- Allow you to view an organization's IRS Forms 990, 990-EZ, and/or 990-T (for 501(c)(3) organizations only) filed in or after January 2018 and any favorable tax-exempt status determination letters issued by the IRS in or after January 2014.