Continuing Education Information for Licensees

How Do I Track and Record Continuing Education Credits?

The American Association of Veterinary State Boards (AAVSB) has developed a Veterinary Continuing Education Tracking service affectionately called VCET. Through the AAVSB website, veterinarians and veterinary technicians may record their required continuing medical education (CME) and will have a feature available which grants AAVSB permission to forward a report of the CME to the boards of their choosing. But what's most exciting about VCET is that IT IS FREE to all Member Boards and licensees. Visit the AAVSB website for more information on this wonderful service available to the veterinarian and veterinary technicians licensed in the great state of Georgia.

How do I gain Board approval to provide continuing education courses?

All C.E. providers seeking approval of a C.E. Program by the Georgia State Board of Veterinary Medicine must comply with Board Rule 700-7-.03 and submit a Continuing Education Program Application & Approval Form for each program presented. These forms should be submitted 60 days in advance of the date the course is offered. Applications are void after 60 days from the date of notification of application deficiencies. If all required supplemental documents are not received within that 60-day window, your application will be withdrawn and you will need to re-apply.

Applicants will receive written correspondence from the Board regarding any decision to grant or deny approval.

Download the Continuing Education Program Application here >>

For More Information

For more information, check the FAQ.